A rally in Long Beach, CA at Harvey Milk Promenade Park took place in order to protest against the ICE regional office located in Long Beach. The rally was hosted by DSALB which is the Democratic Socialists of America, chapter in Long Beach. the current state of the conditions of the detention center in Texas, treatments of immigrants in the U.S.A. and the comments of the President has angered many people in Long Beach. People were at the rally to express their frustrations. People need to feel protected and with ICE in Long Beach people are feeling scared to simply leave their homes to go to work. The protest peacefully began at Harvey Milk Park, protesters marched to the Federal Building on ocean Blvd. and then back to the park. Organizers of the protest were LB chapter of DSA, Long Beach Immigration Rights Coalition, LB Interfaith Community Organization and Community Defense Network.
Late Post from June 13, 2019
I’m going through a time of my life where I’m feeling emotionally beaten. Emotionally beaten is a dramatic way of putting it, but I feel that is the way I’m feeling. I think there comes a point where trying to cover it up with positivity does not help. There comes a time when, “covering up,” needs to stop and let the feelings feel. A new term I learned is to, “sit with your feelings.” For those of you who don’t know what that means, it’s to simply allow your feelings to be felt in you and allow yourself to feel. Be present with it and then move on in the best way for you.
I’m so focused on trying to be positive and looking at things on the bright side. Yes, it helps but we are human beings and emotions are part of life. I’m feeling resistance in a place I do not want to be at. I’m feeling shame for feeling a strong dislike towards certain individuals and I blame myself for not being able to, “keep it together.” It’s been a few days that I haven’t been focusing on working on my craft and it made me feel worse. I am now learning in order to be fulfilled I need to continue workings towards what brings me joy and can help others.
July 6th – It looks like I was going through emotional exhaustion. That is when, “you have exceeded your capacity for emotional stress. Many of us feel it, even when we’re not aware that we’ve exhausted our emotional reserves.” Emotional exhaustion is usually manifested both by physical symptoms and a sense of being psychologically and emotionally drained Donna M. White, LPCI, CACP says.”It is important to notice these signs of emotional exhaustion to avoid further interpersonal, work, school, or other problems. It is also important to notice these signs to prevent more physical or emotional dangers. ” she recommends mediation, mindfulness, saying no to overworking, asking for help and relaxation to help lesson the issue.
Have you felt emotionally exhausted? If so, how do you deal with it? Please comment below and let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you for reading.
- Write it down – There is magic in writing down your goal. Write it down in regards to the 7 areas of your life that you can make specific goals on. The 7 are: mindset, health, spiritual, social, family, business, and money. It can be written down in the format of what goal(s) you’d like to accomplish in one, three or five years. Write what is true to you and not the opinion of someone else. You know yourself better than anyone else.
- Affirm it – Re-write your goal in the present form. For example, your goal is to lose weight, then instead of writing: “I will weigh this amount in the next 6 months,” you say, “I now weight x amount of pounds.”
- Build Your Dream Team – You are who you spend your time with. Even if it’s just one person. The people you surround yourself with are important. Surround yourself with people who want to empower you and help you achieve your goals. Hang with people who are adding value to your life and not draining the life out of you.
- PHUK HAU – Vietnamese proverb. When you sound it out, it sounds like, “Fuck how.” When you write down your goals, at times the thought of, “How?” creeps up and may kill your dream a little but you cannot let that happen. Don’t give power to the how you will get there. Just do it.
- Practice the following: Be. Do. Have. The three-step process of manifestation. Many go at their goals work backwards, have, do and be. “I gotta get this first and then I gotta get this and then I can be this.” No! you gotta live in the essence that you already made it, think of rappers. Rappers have a rep to act like they already made-it when beginning.
- The way to play the game is to play from future to present – This game plan is to help make an effective action plan. Think of the future of whatever it is, picture if i could have it any other way, what does it look like? Work your way from future to present.
- The three R’s – Recognize, Realize and Recreate. This is great to use when you are in a rut, depressed, stuck and not sure what next step to take. First you recognize how is it that you feel. Then, realize the real lie. Realize that you may be having limited believes, victim mentality or focusing on the negativity. Next, you recreate how you will execute your next step without the lie.
- You Get Out What You Put In – You will reap the benefits of the work you put in. It’s all about perspective. It doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty or half-full, what matters is that your pouring it.
- Track your time- Know how you’re spending your time. Track your time on an hourly basis. Time is an asset.
- Keven’s Personal Motto – Show up, do my best, let God do the rest, and enjoy the process.
Who? Father Gregory Boyle
What? How to be more compassionate.
Where? Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Church, Newport Beach, CA
When? June 16, 2019
Why? I attended the Saturday mass service in which Father Boyle performed the services. After mass he spoke about Homeboy industries and had a book signing as well. I asked home, “What is one thing we can do to become more compassionate. Check out his response in the video.
Thank you for your support. YOU are beautiful. YOU are strong. YOU are capable of accomplishing your goals.
Photo source from Fast Company and Pando
Thank you to #WeAllGrowLatina, I attended a screening, sponsored by HBO, on the new hit series, Los Espookys. Los Espookys is a new, Spanish-language comedy show, the first of it’s kind. It is now airing on both HBO and HBO Latino. The show is about a group of friends who turn their love of horror into a peculiar business.
Why is this show a big deal?
- It is important because it’s a Spanish-language show airing on a predominately English-language network.
- The show is a comedy that helps deflate some of the negative stereo-types people have of us Latinos.
- Keep watching so we get more seasons and episodes of our gente on the big screen!!
- Wait, did I mention its the first Spanish-language series on HBO!!!
I had a very conscious and beautiful conversation with Setareh Khetabi. She is known as a social media influencer, former Nuestra Bellesa Latina contestant, YouTuber and plant-based food advocate. That is what she is known for, but she is so much more. She has learned, what many of us struggle with, and that is being present in tune with who we are. We can get so caught up in wishing instead of doing. She points out that we should live life, as if you already are what you aspire to be and let go of the ideas and attachments. Living other’s expectations rather than yours can lead to suffering and it is important to be accepting of who you are now.
Everybody wants to be aligned, present and happy. There are many ways to get to that place of frame and to it is important to stop limiting yourself of you could become.
You can feel the present, calm, and positive energy that Setareh expresses and I want you to witness it yourself. I want you to reach your highest potential and to be the best you can be.
Full Interview with Setareh on the podcast, M.I.N.D. (Meaningful, Inspiring, Nonconforming Development.) – Click here
The Miracle of Your Mind by Earl Nightingale
The human mind is what separates us from other creatures. Every new idea compounds other new ideas. This has been proven by simply looking at the advanced world we live in, imagine the future. Generally, we have a lot of free time, imagine using an hour a day to the development of your mind. That can include scheduling time to practice your craft, learning materials to become an expert in your field, focusing on your goal, or spending time writing ideas on how to improve on that what it is you want to do. Earl Nightingale recommends to spend one hour a day, five days a week on your goal you have and brainstorm ideas on how to improve yourself to get there. Basically, ask yourself, “What can I do differently to get closer to my goal? Then, think of 20 possible ways. He advises two things to be aware of and that is, 1.) this isn’t particular easy and 2.) some of your ideas won’t be good. It’s not easy because starting a new habit is never easy. Don’t limit yourself because an idea that may sound out of your range, may end up being one of your best ideas. Extra hours of brainstorming deeply embeds in your subconscious mind. Think about it like this: 20 ideas a day can total 100 ideas a week – if you take weekends off – that adds up to 260 hours a year and makes a total of 3,740 hours of leisure time. A significant amount of time would be spent, thinking about your goal and ways of improving by six and a half full working weeks a year. Six and a half of 40 hour working weeks of devoting to your goal. With that simple tactic, it can help to rise up to the competition. Everyday you are beginning to be thinking more and more this is an exercise for your mind. When you write down your goal, do not worry too much about the how. Think of it as a problem only waiting to be solved. One idea is all it takes to revolutionize your life. This doesn’t cost money, it’s your time for your own benefit and the greater good for others too.
In a Nut Shell, Earl Nightingale Teaches Us The Following:
- Spend an hour a day brainstorming about your goal. It can about how to get closer to reach your goal, how to improve your craft, or ideas on what is that you want to create. Think of as many ideas to improve. What is that you are already doing?
- If everything you currently have has been by using only 5% of your mental abilities, then imagine increasing it by 20% or more.
- Successful are not people without problems, they are people who have learned how to deal with problems.
- Don’t spend time on needless worrying. 40% will never happen, 30% have already happened, 12% are needless worries about our health, 10% are petty, miscellaneous worries and 8% are the real, legitimate worries.
- The only thing that can take you far in your goals is your mind. You can tend to underestimate your ability but learn that you are capable of many accomplishments.
We all have great ideas within us. You have greatness within and are enough. You just have to dig deep enough. If you have any favorite Earl Nightingale quotes, please share below in the comment section. Follow me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/alejandra.salgado.rtv